Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Can I keep her?

I'm in trouble. I was here for less than a week before i felt the first flush of new love.

Her name is Rosie, and she is 10 months old. She will turn 1 on 14 November. I don't know why i am so drawn to her - the other volunteers think i'm mad, she's a ratbag. she won't sit still for more than 30 seconds and she terrorises all the other children! i call her my little monkey because she looooves to climb. i think she really wants to walk. i have started to teach her. fingers crossed we will get her there by her 1st birthday!!! i taught her how to high-five too. when she does the high five she has the CUTEST little grin.

i've got the love bug bad though. i have dreams about her...in my sleep i can feel her little hands (claws!!) grabbing my arms and legs, and i can hear her blowing raspberries!! i get pangs of jealousy when someone else is holding her - and i even recognise her crying from another room!! what is the matter with me?!?!

in other news, jacob (the new little man who was so world-weary just last week) is doing really well. he's smiling heaps now, and eating really well. he gets on with the other children and even musters up a little chuckle when he gets zoomed around like superman :-D

today is my day off so i'm back in town to check email and buy some supplies (we had no power or water for 2 days - so i need a gas cooker and bottled water!). i'll attempt to load a photo of my little monkey, but who knows if this technophobe will be able to work it out... 1.5 hours later- still waiting for the photo to upload- i think i must resign myself to failure :-(

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca
    So lovely to be able to share your experience.

    Keep safe Special person

    Love Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lawdy ... stay strong girl and don't nab the baby. Michelle told me about the triplets you were going to bring back lol .. Hope you're doing well and know that we're all thinking of you with much fondness! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are having a great experience!! Sounds like an adventure you will never forget!! Cant wait to read more...

    ReplyDelete