Friday, November 20, 2009

The next chapter

They say that as one door closes, another one opens. Boy does that ring true for me at the moment.

I was supposed to be meeting my boyfriend David in Thailand for a quick break over Christmas before heading back to the real world. For weeks we've been exclaiming how we wish we could share the last leg of my African adventure together, but in the end we always realised that the 'real world' makes this very difficult.

HOWEVER... somehow the stars aligned for us in the past few days, and David has managed to get leave from work and join me two weeks early!! We meet on Saturday in Dar es Salaam, and from there we'll do an overland safari together and arrive in Dubai just in time to celebrate his birthday. And of course, then Phuket for some sun and relaxation remains on the agenda for 16 days over Christmas!

I am absolutely over the moon. This wonderful man set me free to find my feet in Africa, and now he is not only about to welcome me home with open arms but also to join me so that we can forge our own adventure together!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment