Sunday, November 1, 2009

HOOORAYYYY- I've got my MUMMY!!!!

Mum arrived in Arusha two days ago and heralded the return of my sanity (well, what sanity there was to begin with anyway!)!! WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!! I collected mum and her friend Janelle from the airport on Friday morning and haven't stopped yapping away since. It's so nice to have visitors, I can't explain what came over me- it's like having exciting new toys!!

Yesterday I introduced them to my babies and we ate lunch at my local haunt. Today Janelle went on her own safari and I spent the day with mum being a tommy tourist visiting curio shops and the masaai markets, eating an ENORMOUS meal of a whole fried fish, fried marinated pork and chapati at a local restaurant, and finished with a few cocktails at a nearby cinema complex. The cocktails were a treat not only for me but also for mum...she's been living in Jinan, China for 18 months and has been finding the luxuries that are accessible to me here in Tanzania quite eye-opening and exciting. Mum has to travel 3 hours on a fast-train to find a cappucino, whereas I can just take a walk through the bush to the nearest safari lodge!!

The rest of the week will be spent visiting our sponspor children at the local school, more time with the babies (of course!) eating out at all the restaurants in town that I've had my eye on but haven't had the chance to go to, and on Friday we might be doing a camel safari.

To be perfectly honest I'd be content if all we did was sit around the hotel spending time together. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy to have my mama sharing my adventure. The only downer is that my sister couldn't make it. I am really really missing her this week. I will need to check on my Rosie in due course though, so will make sure that Jess comes back with me next time I visit Tanzania!

No comments:

Post a Comment