Sunday, November 15, 2009

Finally, (a few) pictures!!!

This is the best I could do before the internet gave up on me. A few pictures from the last couple of weeks.

From top: Mum and I in the newborn nursery with babies Hidaya (5 weeks) and Nancy (12 weeks); Cuddling my beautiful sponsor child Margareth; Lazaro, our cheeky little masai baby playing in the new pool; and all of the toddlers playing happily together.

The grumpy looking cutie at the front of the final picture is Hope, Lazaro's twin sister. Hope and I became lifelong friends when I nursed her after a big fall. I sung Sinead OƇonnor (nothing compares!) and she fell asleep on my chest, listening to the vibration of my voice. Ever since, she regularly climbs into my lap and places her head on my chest, with her thumb in her mouth, in anticipation of more Sinead. And every time I sing to her, she falls asleep in my arms. Possibly the only person I will ever meet who actually finds my Sinead rendition SOOTHING (either that, or passing out is the only way she can live through the sound of a dying cat) ;-)




1 comment:

  1. lol awwww Bec .. you and your dying cat singing ... 'WHAT THE F**K IS THAT SOUND!!' *goes inside the Jube* 'Jesus, it's Bec singing Sinead. Sounds like a cat being strangled!!'

    Thank you for sharing your lovely pics. Your sponser child is gorgeous! You're looking very brown and healthy.

    I'm proud of you Ms McMahon! xx

    ReplyDelete