Sunday, November 8, 2009

The home stretch

I have just 10 days left at the baby home.

Sometimes I can't wait to leave. Living with 7 volunteers in the volunteer apartment is sending me bonkers. I miss boyfriend like mad. I have been craving a meal at Montezumas with my sister, and the long wonderful chats that we have. I am so looking forward to having a fresh start in Brisbane in 2010, with renewed energy that I haven't felt for a very, very long time. I get homesick when I hear that all of my special friends are spending time together without me, or see facebook updates of all the roller derby adventures I'm missing!

But my chest tightens when I think about leaving my special friend Rosie. Far out. I would happily change her filthy stinky squelching nappy every single day (without wet wipes!!!) in exchange for her cuddles, and her smile, and her cheeky little chuckle.

I can only pray that her family is able to provide her with a worry-free childhood with enough food, shelter and love to see her reach her full potential. Of course I wish this for every child...but somehow my little monkey Rosie has clawed her way into my heart, and it will be very very hard to let her go!!!!

(Baby, all I want for Christmas, is you!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment